Home Network (HBS, IEEE1394)
- 1981 We began the HBS research.
- 1983 We proposed the first version of HBS standard specification.
- 1986 Japanese HBS standard specification called ET2101 recommended by EIAJ/REEA.
- 1987 We proposed a Super-HBS specification for condominium.
- 1988 We proposed a concept of conformance test system for HBS toward 21 century.
- 1997 We developed the HBS/ISDN gateway.
- 2000 We proposed a remote HBS conformance test system via ISDN.
- 2006 We proposed a Home Health Care System using internet for family doctor.
2. Introduction of HBS
Home Networks is about to enter into the stage of practical use and many
household appliance vendors have already made available various systems
of their own design. The standardization of in-house information network
called home bus is indispensable to realize an enriched home life by an
appropriate combination of many pieces of various HA(Home Automation) appliances.
The general given names of home busses are called HBS (Home Bus System)
in Japan, IHS (Integrated Home System) in Europe, and CEBus (Consumer Electronics
Bus) in USA. The authors commenced in 1981 the standardization research
of the home bus, proposed in 1986 a basic standardization specification
called HBS-Ver.1.2 for single house, and furthermore proposed in 1988 S-HBS
(Super-HBS) specification for condominium. The design concept and specification
of these proposals could exert a influence on HBS standard (ET2101) and
IHS. HBS consists of the external network connection system and internal
system such as speech communication control function. The OSI model of
the layer 1 (physical layer), layer 2 (data link layer), layer 3 (network
layer), and layer 7 (application layer) in accordance with the LAN is used
to standardize the ET2101. As the stage of practical use of HA is growing,
the preceding wiring of HBS has recently been accelerating on the occasion
of the new house building. Since the various household appliances are offered
by the different vendors, the important problems that must be solved exist
in the safety of interconnectability, intercompatibility, and interoperability.
In the FA and OA area of LAN, a conformance test is executed to solve these
problems by the appropriate test organization. The authors therefore proposed
the conformance test system (CTS) concerning HBS standard specification.
Then, we proposed the mutual communication of home networks (HBS,IEEE1394)
and grovel networks (ISDN, internet, PHS, and CATV). Recently, we are studying
the Home Health Care System using Home Networks.
3. Application of IEEE1394 home network for Home Health Care System
We research the following matters for HHC system of 21 century's advanced
1) Constitution of the high speed home network based upon IEEE1394 standard.
2) Development of the image compression system for high definition face
image of an old aged.
3) Development of the measurement devices based upon IEEE1394 standard
for vital sensor.
Return to Home Page