The announcement of Second International Conference
Boundary Value Problems, Integral Equations and Related Problems
Beijing and Chengde, Hebei, China, 8--14, 1999
December 29, 1998
The last International Conference on Integral Equations and Boundary
Value Problems was convened on September 2--7, 1990 at Peking University
in Beijing. Now we Consider to hold the Second International Conference
on Boundary Value Problems, Integral Equations and Related Problems in
the tourist scenic spot: Chengde, Hebei, and Beijing, China from August
8 to 14, 1999. It will be organized by the mathematical departments of
Peking University, Wuhan University, Beijing Normal University, Fudan University,
Zhongshan University and Hebei Science and Technology University. The contents
of exchange on the conference will be around the following five subjects:
1. Various boundary value problems for partial differential equations
and functional equations including free and moving boundary problems.
2. The theory and methods of integral equations and integral operators
including singular integral equations.
3. Applications of boundary value problems and integral equations to
mechanics and physics.
4. Numerical methods of integral equations and boundary value problems.
5. Some related problems with analysis and above subjects.
We invite you attend the international conference. If you want to inform
the further informations, please contact
Department of Mathematics, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China;
FAX: (008610)62751801; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
With best regards
The organizing committee:
Jian-ke Lu(Wuhan University)
Guo-chun Wen(Peking University)
Wei Lin(Zhongshan University)
Zong-yi Hou(Fudan University)
Zhen Zhao(Beijing Normal University)
Guang-wu Yang(Hebei Science and Technology University)
1. The Second International Conference on Boundary Value Problems,
Integral Equations and Related Problems will be as a branch of the Second
International ISAAC Congress in Japan next year.
2. The Second International Conference on Boundary Value Problems, Integral
Equations and Related Problems will be held at Peking University, Beijing
on August 8, 1999, and in Chengde, Hebei, China from August 9 to 14, 1999.
3. The registration fee is 150 U.S. dollars, including the return train
ticket from Beijing to Chengde, Hebei. In addition, the lodging and board
are not expensive, namely first class: about US$300, second class: about
US$200, third class: about US$120(one week).
4. If you accept our invitation, please inform us the title of your lecture,
the period of your stay in China and the class of your board and lodging.